Everyone has them those days when nothing is going right, you’re on edge, everyone annoys you, and perhaps even your hair isn’t co-operating with you. These are the days when we wish we hadn’t gotten out of bed, or if you having a bad hair day, wish you decided to wash it in the morning rather than sleeping with it wet last night. They suck, they put you and everyone else around you in a bad mood, and we just have to deal with them. Today I had one of those bad days, not because everything was going wrong, but I myself managed to put myself in a bad mood, which ruined my entire day. Sometimes we dote over things that are out of our control, and while nothing had technically gone wrong, you can’t see that anything is really going right either.
This winter has been long; everyone is on edge and is waiting for spring to arrive. we’re done trudging through the snow, and being cold, and getting our boots soaks through with slush making our socks wet all day ( maybe that last one is just me), and these bad days are hopefully numbered. I thought I would share my tips on how I deal with bad days, and perhaps help you deal with them as well.
1) First things first, avoid annoying people. If you have people in your life who are hard to deal with sometimes, avoid them at all costs, it’s better to be AWOL for a day then take out your bad day on someone who doesn’t deserve it.
2) Go Shopping: nothing clears your mind like shopping and masking all your problems with a new pair of shoes, that is until you look at how dangerously low your bank account is getting, which potentially could start a whole other bad day.
3) Go back to bed: if the day really isn’t working for you, just go home, put on your pj’s and watch too many episodes of White Collar while drinking a nice cup of coffee
4) Do things that make you happy: like drawing or taking pictures? Do that and don’t focus on why you’re in a bad mood
5) Let it go sometimes things are out of our control, and let them be that, you can’t change some things like that bad grade you got on a test, so let it go and try better next time.
6) Finally laugh at your bad day: hair don’t look good? Take a picture and send it to a friend making fun of yourself, talk about your bad day as if it’s just a big joke, and pretend it’s just a bad joke of a day because tomorrows will probably be better, and maybe even boring.
And as my grandpa always says ” Don’t worry be happy” – in a really thick Italian accent.